How to profile your server?

Hi all!

I have a 48G RAM server with 12-core i7 running all servers for version 4. It is only my friends and me playing there, and game runs smoothly. But when I try to load locations for 42+ levels, server starts to lag insanely for everybody including low-level locations. Sometimes I see some CPU spikes for the shard, but it is really hard to determine what is happening there.
Maybe somebody had the same problem? Where should I look? Maybe it is one location that screws up everything I should disable?

Memory for the shard - 32G (usage is around 50% of the heap), server is not swapping (~8G is free).
Thanks!

ЗЕРКС

Did you try to add location while server run?

I mean how did you add locations?
maps.cfg - and comment and uncomment lines in it.

But, I think that I managed that out - I forgot to switch from a "debug" to a "final release" profile %)
So, the question is solved, thanks for your help!

Kralnor

Perhaps the paths are not right, otherwise there can be no other reason.

No, shard with all_maps.cfg runs completely fine with 24G of heap, among which it is using ~60%, so I could set it to 20G or even a bit less (obvsly speaking for my local server with me and 5 friends on it, for more users it will be more, but not _that_ much).
Those lags were caused by me forgetting a crucial part of setting up a server.

No, shard with all_maps.cfg runs completely fine with 24G of heap, among which it is using ~60%, so I could set it to 20G or even a bit less (obvsly speaking for my local server with me and 5 friends on it, for more users it will be more, but not _that_ much).
Those lags were caused by me forgetting a crucial part of setting up a server.
What was the reason behind these lag?
I mean what part in the configuration did you forget ?

Top Bottom