[4.0.02.42] Start your first production allods server on Linux (Ubuntu Server 16.04)

Сорок два

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Content Creator
Guide Author
Seller
Premium

ATTENTION: This guide is NOT finished and is under writing !

The installed version of the OS is Ubuntu 16.04

Before starting the guide, I recommend you to install a graphical desktop environment like "mate" and some useful packages that give us more friendly our job.

So firstly, start to install basics packages on our server :
Bash:
sudo apt-get install git zsh unrar htop zip traceroute xrdp x11-xkb-utils pkg-config mate-core mate-desktop-environment mate-notification-daemon
Then for a friendly command line I'll recommend you to install Oh My ZSH too. Like this :
Bash:
sh -c "$(wget https://raw.github.com/robbyrussell/oh-my-zsh/master/tools/install.sh -O -)"
And now, when you goes on prompt, type
Bash:
zsh
to start oh-my-zsh terminal.
Create a new folder where the server will be, like
Bash:
mkdir -p /srv/allods-server
In this folder put the content of this archive (server).

Uncompress all XDB_*.pak files located in games /srv/allods-server/data/packs/ in /srv/allods-server/data then remove this pak files.
So your data folder should look like this (in my case I've for the moment only uncompressed most important XDB_*.pak files, but extract them all, you won't have to do this in the future)
View attachment 11
Java

• Installation from the repository:
Code:
 sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk

PostgreSQL

Code:
sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.3
sudo apt-get install odbc-postgresql
sudo apt-get install libpostgresql-jdbc-java
sudo apt-get install pgadmin3

If the driver is not installed in this case either, you can try to reproduce the following command before installing it:
Bash:
sudo apt-get install unixodbc-bin unixodbc
(thanks V vanchik )
  • Installation from executable
(choose your package on resource page)

Apache2, PHP, MySQL

Code:
 sudo apt-get install apache2 mysql-server php7.0 phpmyadmin libapache2-mod-php php-mysqlnd

WIP, Will be complete soon

Last edited:
I would like to see the following parts of the manual:
  • Server configuration
  • Starting the AO server

OP
Сорок два

Сорок два

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Content Creator
Guide Author
Seller
Premium
I would like to see the following parts of the manual:
  • Server configuration
  • Starting the AO server
At the moment I don't have the time to complete this tutorial. So if anyone have any knowledges in Allods on Linux, you can help me finish this guide or you'll have to wait that I've time to spent on this guide

A typo crept into the installation command of the odbc driver!
sudo apt-get install odbc-posgresql
so be right:

UPD:
If the driver is not installed in this case either, you can try to reproduce the following command before installing it:
sudo apt-get install unixodbc-bin unixodbc
and then:

Will you continue the guide or is it like 99% of the internet, just unfinished stuff ? Just asking because its the only reason i registered here :D

OP
Сорок два

Сорок два

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Content Creator
Guide Author
Seller
Premium
Will you continue the guide or is it like 99% of the internet, just unfinished stuff ? Just asking because its the only reason i registered here :D

Hello. You have to know it takes time to create tutorial and trying to explain in the most simple way. Especially when you have to write the tutorial in a language that isn't your. And at the moment I don't have enought time to complete this due to my profesionnal life. So yeah, i'll finish this guide one day, but I don't know when, you have to be patient. And if you're not happy about that just learn yourself, you have to understand that sometimes you have to make the work by yoursself and do not wait for someone to do it for you.

Just experiment by yourself and with motivation and a minimum of reasoning you can understand and manage to start your allods server with all the actual resources that are available on internet.

fido67

Appreciated member
Content Creator
Guide Author
EDIT : Its to do for debian distrubition before starting installation :

# Create the file repository configuration:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
$(lsb_release -cs)-pgdg main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list'

# Import the repository signing key:
wget --quiet -O -
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
| sudo apt-key add -

# Update the package lists:
sudo apt-get update

# Install the latest version of PostgreSQL.
# If you want a specific version, use 'postgresql-12' or similar instead of 'postgresql':
sudo apt-get -y install postgresql

you do command line ony by one

Note : I tried debian and i find it not really good for allods

Last edited:

Top Bottom